Last Updated: September 4, 2022
Definitions and key terms
- Cookie: small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your web It is use d to identify your browser, provide analytics, remember information about you such as your lang uage preference or login information
- Company: when this policy mentions “Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our,” it refers to Volipe that i s responsible for your information under this Privacy
- Country: where Volipe or the owners/founders of Volipe are based, in this case is United kingdom
- Customer: refers to the company, organization or person that signs up to use the Volipe Se rvice to manage the relationships with your consumers or service
- Device: any internet connected device such as a phone, tablet, computer or any other device th at can be used to visit Volipe and use the
- IP address: Every device connected to the Internet is assigned a number known as an Internet protocol (IP) These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks. An IP address can often be used to identify the location from which a device is connecting to the Internet.
- Personnel: refers to those individuals who are employed by Volipe or are under contract to perform a service on behalf of one of the
- Personal Data: any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information
– including a personal identification number – allows for the identification or identifiability of a n atural person. Service: refers to the service provided by Volipe as described in the relative ter ms (if available) and on this platform.
- Third-party service: refers to advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partner s, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest
- Website: Volipe’s site, which can be accessed via this URL: https://Volipe.com/. . You: a person or entity that is registered with Volipe to use the Services
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information from you when you visit our service, register, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
- Name / Username
- Phone Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Billing Addresses
How Do We Use The Information We Collect?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs) To improve our service (we continually strive to improve our service offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you) To improve customer service (your informa tion helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
When do we use customer information from third parties?
We receive some information from the third parties when you contact us. For example, when yo u submit your email address to us to show interest in becoming our customer, we receive infor mation from a third party that provides automated fraud detection services to us. We also occa sionally collect information that is made publicly available on social media websites. You can co ntrol how much of your information social media websites make public by visiting these website s and changing your privacy settings.
Do we share the information we collect with third parties?
We may share the information that we collect, both personal and non-personal, with third partie s such as advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who pr ovide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you. We may also share i t with our current and future affiliated companies and business partners, and if we are involved i n a merger, asset sale or other business reorganization, we may also share or transfer your pers onal and non-personal information to our successors-in-interest. We may engage trusted third p arty service providers to perform functions and provide services to us, such as hosting and main taining our servers and our service, database storage and management, e-mail management, st
orage marketing, credit card processing, customer service and fulfilling orders for products and services you may purchase through our platform. We will likely share your personal information, and possibly some non-personal information, with these third parties to enable them to perform these services for us and for you. We may share portions of our log file data, including IP addres ses, for analytics purposes with third parties such as web analytics partners, application develo pers, and ad networks. If your IP address is shared, it may be used to estimate general location and other technographics such as connection speed, whether you have visited the service in a s hared location, and type of device used to visit the service. They may aggregate information abo ut our advertising and what you see on the service and then provide auditing, research and repor ting for us and our advertisers. We may also disclose personal and nonpersonal information abo ut you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in order to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoe nas), to protect our rights and interests or those of a third party, the safety of the public or any p erson, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to otherwise com ply with applicable court orders, laws, rules and regulations.
Where and when is information collected from customers and end users?
We will collect personal information that you submit to us. We may also receive personal infor mation about you from third parties as described above.
How Do We Use Your Email Address?
By submitting your email address on this website, you agree to receive emails from us. You can cancel your participation in any of these email lists at any time by clicking on the opt-out link or other unsubscribe option that is included in the respective email. We only send emails to people who have authorized us to contact them, either directly, or through a third party. We do not send unsolicited commercial emails, because we hate spam as much as you do. By submitting your email address, you also agree to allow us to use your email address for customer audience targ eting on sites like Facebook, where we display custom advertising to specific people who have opted-in to receive communications from us. Email addresses submitted only through the order processing page will be used for the sole purpose of sending you information and updates perta ining to your order. If, however, you have provided the same email to us through another method, we may use it for any of the purposes stated in this policy.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detail ed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Could my information be transferred to other countries?
We are incorporated in United Kingdom. Information collected via our website, through direct int eractions with you, or from use of our help services may be transferred from time to time to our offices or personnel, or to third parties, located throughout the world, and may be viewed and ho sted anywhere in the world, including countries that may not have laws of general applicability r egulating the use and transfer of such data. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, by u sing any of the above, you voluntarily consent to the trans-border transfer and hosting of such in formation.
Is the information collected through our service secure?
We take precautions to protect the security of your information. We have physical, electronic, an d managerial procedures to help safeguard, prevent unauthorized access, maintain data securit y, and correctly use your information. However, neither people nor security systems are foolproo f, including encryption systems. In addition, people can commit intentional crimes, make mistak es or fail to follow policies. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal i nformation, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If applicable law imposes any nondisclai mable duty to protect your personal information, you agree that intentional misconduct will be t he standards used to measure our compliance with that duty.
Can I update or correct my information?
Sale of Business
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide service to you and fulfill the purp oses described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information wit h and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information a nd there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll eithe r remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can’t identify you.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal informatio n when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the u se of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only t o be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are require d to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) is never kept on file. We cannot, however, ensure or wa rrant the absolute security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that your informat ion on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of o ur physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
The laws of United Kingdom , excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern this Agreement a nd your use of our service. Your use of our service may also be subject to other local, state, nati onal, or international laws.
By using our service, registering an account, or making a purchase, you consent to this Privacy P olicy.
Links to Other Websites
We use remarketing services. What is Remarketing? In digital marketing, remarketing (or retarg eting) is the practice of serving ads across the internet to people who have already visited your website. It allows your company to seem like they’re “following people around the internet by ser ving ads on the websites and platforms they use most.
In respect to any credit card or other payment processing details you have provided us, we com mit that this confidential information will be stored in the most secure manner possible.
We collect information from kids under the age of 13 just to better our services. If You are a par ent or guardian and You are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data without yo ur permission, please contact Us. If We become aware that we have collected Personal Data fro m anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from our servers.
We may display, include or make available third-party content (including data, information, appli cations and other products services) or provide links to third-party websites or services (“ThirdP arty Services”). You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible for any Third-Party Services, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, lega lity, decency, quality or any other aspect thereof. We do not assume and shall not have any liabili ty or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Services Third-Party S ervices and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you and you access and use th em entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions.
Information about General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
What is GDPR?
GDPR is an EU-wide privacy and data protection law that regulates how EU residents’ data is pro tected by companies and enhances the control the EU residents have, over their personal data.
What is personal data?
Any data that relates to an identifiable or identified individual. GDPR covers a broad spectrum o f information that could be used on its own, or in combination with other pieces of information, t o identify a person. Personal data extends beyond a person’s name or email address. Some exa mples include financial information, political opinions, genetic data, biometric data, IP addresse s, physical address, sexual orientation, and ethnicity. The Data Protection Principles include req uirements such as:
- Personal data collected must be processed in a fair, legal, and transparent way and should onl y be used in a way that a person would reasonably expect
- Personal data should only be collected to fulfil a specific purpose and it should only be used fo r that Organizations must specify why they need the personal data when they collect it. Personal data should be held no longer than necessary to fulfil its purpose.
- People covered by the GDPR have the right to access their own personal They can also re quest a copy of their data, and that their data be updated, deleted, restricted, or moved to anoth er organization.
Why is GDPR important?
GDPR adds some new requirements regarding how companies should protect individuals’ pers onal data that they collect and process. It also raises the stakes for compliance by increasing e nforcement and imposing greater fines for breach. Beyond these facts it’s simply the right thing to do. At Help Scout we strongly believe that your data privacy is very important and we already have solid security and privacy practices in place that go beyond the requirements of this new re gulation.
Individual Data Subject’s Rights – Data Access, Portability and Deletion
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires us to disclose categories of Personal Info rmation we collect and how we use it, the categories of sources from whom we collect Personal Information, and the third parties with whom we share it, which we have explained above. We ar e also required to communicate information about rights California residents have under Califor nia law. You may exercise the following rights:
- Right to know and You may submit a verifiable request for information regarding the:
- categories of Personal Information we collect, use, or share;
- purposes for which categories of Personal Information are collected or used by us;
- categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information; and
- specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about Right to Equal Service. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
- Right to You may submit a verifiable request to close your account and we will delete P ersonal Information about you that we have collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s person al
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. We do not sell the Personal Information of our users. For more i nformation about these rights, please contact us.
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
CaloPPA requires us to disclose categories of Personal Information we collect and how we use i t, the categories of sources from whom we collect Personal Information, and the third parties wi th whom we share it, which we have explained above. CaloPPA users have the following rights:
- Right to Know and You may submit a verifiable request for information regarding the:
(1) categories of Personal Information we collect, use, or share; (2) purposes for which categori es of Personal Information are collected or used by us; (3) categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information; and (4) specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Right to Equal We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
- Right to You may submit a verifiable request to close your account and we will delete Personal Information about you that we have collected.
- Right to request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any o f these rights, please contact us. We do not sell the Personal Information of our users. For more information about these rights, please contact us.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. • Via this Link: https://volipe.com/contact-us/